Every woman is unique in her own right, and so is her body's reaction to menstruation. This is one of the reasons why there are so many different types of sanitary napkins on the market.
Your taste is unique because it is influenced by factors such as skin type, body shape, and flow. The relative importance of these factors influences a woman's choice of sanitary pads. Which sanitary napkin is best for their periods varies from woman to woman, so the decision is entirely subjective.
Important considerations that you should keep in mind when selecting a sanitary napkin are:
1. Understand your periods– Understanding your body and periods is an important part of choosing the right pad for your menstrual cycle and what you actually need.
Tip# Leak-free periods are not a myth; simply find the proper pad coverage.
2. Absorbency– The sanitary pad absorption capacity determines whether you require an extra absorbent pad or a regular pad. The pad should absorb blood flow without allowing any back-flow.
Tip# If your flow is heavy, go for longer pads, and vice versa. Use fragrance-infused pads to avoid odor during the first few days of heavy flow.
3. Length and flow– Select the appropriate napkin based on your flow. Whether you need an extra-long pad with a broad hip-guard or a regular one depends on your body shape and flow.
Tip# For heavy flow, use long-slim pads as sanitary napkins and regular pads on subsequent days.
4. Material- Cotton pads for periods and plastic-netted sanitary napkins are both available. It all depends on your personal preferences and skin type. If you have sensitive skin, sanitary pads for sensitive skin are available on the market. Tip# To avoid rashes, use cotton menstrual pads on the last days of your period.
5. Lifestyle- Wear pads based on the nature of your daily activities or activities that happen to coincide with your period days.
Tip# If you have a gym class at school, use winged slim pads, and if you have any extra-curricular activities use an extra absorbent pad.
Currently, 60 percent of women worldwide wear the incorrect pad. Understanding our bodies and their needs is essential for having a healthier and more fertile menstrual cycle. Keep the discussed factors and tips in mind to find the right coverage and comfort. Also, say goodbye to the trepidation, irritation, and constant uneasiness caused by your periods.